Despite all the negative reports we hear in the news, we really live in wonderful times. Society has never had so many marvelous inventions and technologies that make our lives much easier than the strenuous lives most of our ancestors had to endure. One of the great benefits of all these inventions and technologies is a ready abundance of food. From fast food to gourmet food, most of us have more than required. And we love to eat but there is a price to pay – excessive weight gain.
More and more people find that they need to lose weight in order to be healthier and look better. Fortunately, we have many kinds of weight loss supplements that can help us lose weight. In fact, there are so many different types of these supplements that it can be confusing to know which is the best supplement for you. But it’s not that complicated once you realize that there are only four modes of action that these supplements perform to help your body lose weight.
Let’s first look at the four modes of action and then we’ll look at nine popular kinds of natural botanically based weight loss supplements and which of the modes they use.
1. Fat Burners – The fat burner supplements increase core body temperature slightly, which increases the burning of deposited lipids (mostly fat) in the body. Since the core body temperature is controlled in the brain and thyroid gland, these supplements are believed to act on these systems.
2. Appetite Suppressants – The appetite suppressing supplements reduce hunger cravings. These supplements help you control those cravings so you don’t overeat. There are various ways that appetite suppressants can reduce hunger ranging from soluble fibers that make your stomach feel full, to botanicals that mimic glucose which signals the brain that you are full, to supplements that increase serotonin levels which reduce hunger cravings.
3. Carbohydrate Blockers – These supplements neutralize the digestive enzymes alpha-amylase and lipase before they can breakdown complex starches into glucose, which is a building block of fat. The complex starches then pass unabsorbed through the digestive system.
4. Fat Synthesis Inhibitors – These supplements work within the Krebs Cycle, the biochemical pathway that the body generates energy it uses in its day-to-day activities. Specifically, these supplements inhibit ATP citrase lyase, an enzyme that is required in the Krebs Cycle for making fat.
Now let’s see in which category are the nine popular plant-based weight loss supplements. Yes, there are other non-botanical pharmaceutically-derived supplements but, for this discussion, we’re looking at botanically-based supplements since they are less likely to have adverse side effects.
2. Appetite Suppressants – Caralluma Fimbriata, African Mango, Garcinia Cambogia, & Moringa
3. Carbohydrate Blockers – White Kidney Bean & Green Coffee Bean
4. Fat Synthesis Inhibitors – Garcinia Cambogia
You’ll notice that four of these popular supplements have two modes of action for weight loss.
* African Mango – fat burner, appetite suppressant.
* Garcinia Cambogia – appetite suppressor, fat synthesis inhibitor
*Green Coffee Bean – fat burner, carbohydrate blocker.
* Moringa – fat burner, appetite suppressor
The remaining five supplements have one mode of action for weight loss.
* Caralluma Fimbriata – appetite suppresser
* White Kidney Bean – carbohydrate blocker
* Forskolin – fat burner
* Green Tea – fat burner
If you want to lose weight and are considering supplements for managing your weight, don’t let the array of choices startle you. Keep in mind that there are four modes of action that supplements use to help you lose weight.
Think in terms of modes of action rather than in terms of individual supplements then discuss with your medical advisors to see which modes of action are best for you in managing your weight.
For more options click on the links below:
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Tom_Vaughan/93581Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8833673